Routine Maintenance for Your HVAC Systems
It’s one of those unwritten rules of life, that things wear down and may eventually break, and that routine maintenance can extend the life of your equipment, preventing future problems and unwanted costs. Prevention and maintenance are flip sides of the same coin, it’s why heating and cooling experts suggest that it’s a good idea to have your HVAC system inspected, serviced, and cleaned once a year - cooling system in the spring and the heating system in the fall.
At Kingston Home Heating, we understand the importance of keeping your cooling and heating system operating at peak performance – and that with so many important parts, one small issue can throw off your unit’s efficiency. Like other experts, we agree that it’s necessary to keep on top of your system with repair and maintenance services to ensure it operates at peak energy efficiency and is ready to cool your house during the months you need it most. We even offer exclusive club membership, offering discounts on your regular heating and cooling service.
According to the experts at Angie’s List, “Inspections pay for themselves through improved energy efficiency, which saves money on utility bills, and a longer-lasting air conditioning,” adding that a “yearly maintenance check by a licensed HVAC expert can help reduce your monthly energy bill by up to 15 percent and help prevent earlier-than-normal breakdowns.”
A typical maintenance check-up should include the following:
· Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check thermostat settings, the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly;
· Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode);
· Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors;
· Lubricate all moving parts;
· Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils;
· Check your central air conditioner's refrigerant level and adjust if necessary.
· Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent.
· Inspect, clean, or change air filters – a dirty filter can increase energy costs and damage your equipment, leading to early failure. Left unchecked, your A/C system can lose 5 percent of its operating efficiency each year because of this buildup.
Replacing your air conditioner or HVAC unit, by contrast, can cost much more with most air conditioners lasting 15 years, with proper maintenance.
At Kingston Home Heating, your comfort is our priority. Whether you need to purchase a new furnace, air conditioner, fireplace, and air quality product for your home or our quality service and maintenance on these products to ensure your home stays comfortable and runs at maximum efficiency, Kingston Home Heating technicians are there for you.
Kingston Home Heating’s professional affiliations include being certified by the Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA); a certified inspector by Wood Energy Technology Transfer (WETT); and membership in the Kingston Home Builders Association, the Better Business Bureau, and the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI).
If you have questions about what air conditioning unit is right for you,contact Kingston Home Heating at 613-389-5544 today. Visit Our Showroom at 1281 Midland in Kingston. Financing is also available.